Early Learning Academy
First United Methodist Church began its mother’s day out program in the 1960’s. In 1969, it became a preschool, which through the years, has developed into one of the finest early educational programs in the Tulsa area. Our administrators, teachers and aides are dedicated individuals with hearts for children and early childhood education.
- Classes available for ages 8 weeks old through our Pre-Kindergarten Class
- Classes are held Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Infants through Pre-K may enroll in two or three days
- Pre-Kindergarten Class may enroll for two or three days
- Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.; Summer Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Developmental philosophies in regard to objectives for each class
- Weekly visits to Sam’s Town, our new on-site imagination museum
- Incorporates Bible stories and Biblical values in the curriculum
- Weekly Music and Movement Classes
- Scheduled times for play in the large indoor playroom, the gymnasium in our own FUMC Youth and Family Complex, and the children’s Connection Auditorium. We now have available two newly remodeled outside playgrounds. One is for our older students, which features a web design for climbing. The other playground has been designed for all ages of our preschool students. Protected by a new privacy fence, this playground offers a large park-like setting with a train, a figure eight path for riding toys, a large play structure and plenty of green grass to run on.
- Once a week class called “Super Tuesdays”, which is a P.E. based class, but with special events and visitors scheduled throughout the year.
- Immunizations must be up-to-date and a current immunization record is required for enrollment.